Welcome

Welcome to my blog where I post regular photographs of cards I have made. I hope you enjoy looking through my cards and I would like to thank you for taking the time to stop by and also for leaving any comments and following my blog. I shall also be posting a few of my knitting projects too.

Followers

Monday 19 February 2018

Sofi Beautiful Ballerina


Good morning.  Hope you week has started off well and you had a good weekend.

We start a new challenge at Crafting from the Heart this morning.

Challenge 195 is the usual 'Anything Goes'

Our sponsor is


I have used Sofi Beautiful Ballerinas-C32 digi stamp from our sponsor which I have coloured in using a mixture of graphmaster and copic marker pens.

Graphmaster = 26 | 27 | 29
Copics = R00 | R20 | R22 | RV29 | E30 | E33 | £35

The dies I have used are
Tonic Blocked Parquet & Garden Trellis Essentials
Sue Wilson Shadow Box Collection Stitched Lattice Frame Die
Sue Wilson Laurel Leaves Die

Stamps used: -
Phill Martin - Blossom Corners
Dreamees Flower Dies

I had made some backgrounds some months ago and this one was made by taking a sheet of acetate and spreading dies clear glue all over.  I then sprayed it with a fine mist of water and puffed pixie powders all over it.  Another spray of water to keep it moist and then screw up some tissue paper, unscrew it and place it over the glue/pixie powders.  Dab it down, don't run or you will damage the tissue paper, just dab it into place and then leave to dry.  You don't remove the tissue paper at all.  Once dry I then die cut a piece out and placed it behind my die cut blocked parquet.  This is not my technique I have seen John Lockwood and Julie Watts do it on Hochanda and thought it looked so good and was different.  Plus I love making my own backgrounds.

I had cut a frame out using the lattice frame die, stamped the sentiment on the two corners and fixed that to my background and parquet die.

I then assembled the rest of my card.  The flowers I have stamped using cosmic shimmer detail white embossing powder onto vellum.

Why not pop over to the challenge blog to see what ideas the rest of the design team have made using other stamps from our sponsor.  Plus don't forget to enter your own project into the challenge.

That's all for today folks.  Thank you so much for visiting.

Take care.


No comments:

Post a Comment