Welcome

Welcome to my blog where I post regular photographs of cards I have made. I hope you enjoy looking through my cards and I would like to thank you for taking the time to stop by and also for leaving any comments and following my blog. I shall also be posting a few of my knitting projects too.

Followers

Saturday 18 July 2015

Happy Birthday Michelle


Good evening followers and fellow crafters.

Well here in Birmingham it has been a 'not to bad' day.  Sunny, very windy and a little chilly but on the whole nice.  Mind you I am at that age when I can't take the heat anymore - got my own personal central heating system.  LOL

I have had a lovely afternoon crafting and chatting to my mate Sheila, in Scotland.  Yes we have been on Skype.  A wonder invention.

I have designed three Christmas cards in serif craft artist all ready for printing out, that would be mine, my mums and friends.  I will start making my special ones in September together with my Christmas cakes too.

Over half way through the year so us crafters do have to start thinking Christmas earlier than other folk don't we?  

Well onto my card today.  This was made for a slimming world member in the meeting I go too on a Tuesday morning in Halesowen, West Midlands.  Her birthday was a couple of months ago now and she has been the weigher in this meeting since I joined 19 months ago.  She is very supportive of us all so when I was asked to make a card for her I jumped at the chance.  This image is just like Michelle, blonde and slim.  

My image is a digi image from a set of 3 images from 'Glamour Eyes'.  I took the image into serif , cropped the one I wanted to use and as it was a JPG I removed the white within the dress by using the cutout studio function.  This enabled me to put a material paper behind the digi.  I then coloured the rest of her in.  My background paper was also from a digi kit.  My flowers and leaves are all cut from Sue Wilson's dies.  My frame was cut by Brian and then embossed using an 8x8 embossing folder from crafter's companion - embossilicious range.  I also fussy cut my image using Brian and placing a outline of 4mm around her.  I then cut a mat in black upping the outline by another 4mm.

I stamped the '40th' using a set of numbers stamps from Chloe Creative Cards which I filled in with dries clear glue and then covered with glitter.  Finally Michelle's name was die cut using an alphabet die from Tattered Lace Magazine.  I also made a box to go with it given the flowers were quite raised.

Well that's it for today folks.  Thanks for stopping by and take care.

I have entered this card into the following challenges: -



7 comments:

  1. Hi this is a gorgeous card I love the design. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun "Girly" Card! Love your die cut sprays across the bottom. Thanks so much for joining us at Brown Sugar Challenges. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Kandis, love the design, pretty image and flower and spray.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kandis, a lovely card, I love the Glamoureyes images. Great colors. Love the Die Cuts.

    Abbie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely image, beautifully coloured and embellished. Thank you for sharing this with us over at Crafting with Friends. Sue DT x.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi again..still loving your card. Thank you for sharing this with us over at Simply Papercraft Sue DT x.

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely card especially the flowers Thanks for joining us at Scrappers Delight Jane DT x

    ReplyDelete