Welcome

Welcome to my blog where I post regular photographs of cards I have made. I hope you enjoy looking through my cards and I would like to thank you for taking the time to stop by and also for leaving any comments and following my blog. I shall also be posting a few of my knitting projects too.

Followers

Monday 30 June 2014

Carpenter at Work - Crafting from the Heart Challenge 25

 

Good morning crafters and followers.  Gosh doesn't Monday come around quick?

Do you realise we are now half way through the year and the nights are drawing in, frightening isn't it.  Time just seems to be going so fast, I am told it is my age but I am not so sure!!!

Today also means a new challenge over at Crafting from the Heart - our 25th I might add which is a wonderful achievement.

As usual it is 'Anything Goes' and
 
Our Sponsors are: -
 
Offering a prize of 5 digi images



QKR Stampede
 
and
Offering a prize of 3 digi images

Oak Pond Creations 
 

My Shopping List

Carpenter digi stamp by QKR
white card
black card
brick embossing folder
tools embossing folder
spellbinders dies.

  1. cut black card down to size and emboss with brick embossing folder.
  2. die cut spellbinder die in white pearlescent and then emboss using tools embossing folder.
  3. print digi stamp image out, die cut using a different spellbinders die and then using black card make a faux nestie shape.
  4. I typed the sentiment in word, printed it out and then die cut using a spellie.
This is a very simple card to make and I deliberately kept it simple this time to show that card making does not have to be difficult with all the bells and whistles on to enter our challenge.

Yes the bells and whistles are brilliant and I love putting them on my cards but, anyone can enter, it is a chance for you to show case your project and possibly win a super prize at the same time whether you are a complete beginner or an expert.

I have also deliberately kept the digi stamp 'uncoloured'.  When I first got into crafting I wouldn't touch a digi stamp for love nor money in fact I wouldn't touch a stamp either and mention colouring - no way would have been my answer but I downloaded a freebie digi stamp from a magazine, eventually, and had a play at colouring, because I could print it out as much as I wanted to practice that digi stamp was so useful.  At that time my hand stamping was pretty rubbish, but again with practice I have no problem now. Digi stamps got me into colouring and I realised that I could use them uncoloured too, well I was hooked.  Another tool for my crafting.

Digi stamps can be coloured or uncoloured so if you are a new crafter, or a crafter who does not do colouring you can still use digi stamps. They are also a good basis to practice your colouring especially if you are not a confident stamper.

One piece of advice that I was given, when printing out digi stamps print in draft quality and the day before you want to colour them, if you are colouring, that gives them plenty of time to dry, or you can heat set them if you have a heat gun. Try to use a super smooth card if you are going to colour.

Why not pop over to our sponsors website and check out the digi stamps you would be surprised how useful they can be to ALL US CRAFTERS.

If you want to see more ideas do pop over to the blog at Crafting from the Heart to see what the rest of our design team have created and don't forget to join in the fun and enter your own creation.
Can I also say that we have a Facebook page, where there is other ' just for fun' challenges, so if you are not already a member of the group, I urge you to pop over and join us.

The winners and Top 3 from the last challenge can be found here.

Thank you for stopping by. See you again I hope and do take care.
 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kandis, A fabulous card and image he just makes me smile lol. Thank you so much.

    Hugs Erin x

    ReplyDelete