Welcome

Welcome to my blog where I post regular photographs of cards I have made. I hope you enjoy looking through my cards and I would like to thank you for taking the time to stop by and also for leaving any comments and following my blog. I shall also be posting a few of my knitting projects too.

Followers

Monday 19 May 2014

Dilly Beans Aidyanns Hat - Crafting from the Heart Challenge

Good morning folks.  Hope it is a gorgeous day wherever you are and that you had a brilliant weekend weather wise.

Well today starts a new challenge over at Crafting from the Heart.  Today is challenge 19 is Anything Goes and

Our Sponsors are

A day For Daisies
Offering a prize of $12 voucher
A Day For Daisies
 
Offering a prize of 3 digi images
 
Dilly Beans
 
 

 


For my sample I chose an image from Dilly Beans.  I think this image is one of those that can be coloured in by anyone whether you are a beginner or advanced and it will look stunning and for a beginner give you the confidence to carry on with your colouring.

My Shopping List

Dilly Beans Aidyanns Hat Digi Stamp
Copics: - E000 | E00 | E01 | E31 | E35 | E57
               W1 | W3 | W5 | R81 | R85 | R46 | B21 | B26 | B23 | YR30
Embossilicious leaves embossing folder A4
Co'Ordinations white wash card collection
Plain white C5 card base
Plain black card
Marianne leaf dies
Spellbinder d-lites leave die
Tonic petal pairs punches

  1. I decided on a C5 card and used a plain white one followed by some matting with black card.
  2. I then embossed a piece of co'ordinations white wash card using my A4 embossalicious folder called tumbling leaves I think - a very useful folder to have in your stash.
  3. As I was using co'ordinations I sanded that down to highlight the embossing.
  4. I had printed my image out a couple of days before as I find this allows the ink to be well dried, although I still get some bleeding.  I then coloured her in using the copics listed above.
  5. I cut her out slightly outside the frame but you could just cut the frame off, cut her out or she would be ideal for decoupage too.
  6. I then matted her onto some black card and used some pearl gems either side for a bit of bling.
  7. Of course me being me I just had to put some flowers on!
  8. I did put some black ribbon around my co'ordinations and some pink ribbon and then fixed it to my card.
  9. My flowers are made using tonic petal pairs in plain centura pearl and then brushed with your inks.
  10. The leaves are a mixture from spellbinders d-lites and Marianne.
Hope you like my use of a wonderful digi stamp.

For more ideas do pop over to the blog at Crafting from the Heart to see what the rest of our design team have created and don't forget to join in the fun and enter your own creation.
 
Can I also say that we have a Facebook page, where there is other ' just for fun' challenges, so if you are not already a member of the group, I urge you to pop over and join us.
 
The winners and Top 3 from the last challenge can be found here.

Thank you for stopping by. See you again I hope and do take care.



3 comments:

  1. this is beautiful Kandy.

    gr karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Kandis, A beautiful card and image. Love the colours and the design. Thank you fir a fabulous challenge this week.

    Hugs Erin x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card and layout! Love the way you have colored her up and those flowers are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete