Welcome

Welcome to my blog where I post regular photographs of cards I have made. I hope you enjoy looking through my cards and I would like to thank you for taking the time to stop by and also for leaving any comments and following my blog. I shall also be posting a few of my knitting projects too.

Followers

Friday 21 March 2014

Bling It Up- Stamping With The Dragon Challenge

Good morning everyone.  Hope you are all well and enjoying your day.

I will be enjoying my day as I will be off to the NEC for the Hobbycrafts show with my friend Wendy.  We do have a super day, lots of shopping, lots of coffee, lunch and more shopping plus the gossip ofcourse.  Both of us have a list and as Wendy bought a caliber lat November I am sure she will be buying dies this time.  A visit to the Tattered Lace stand is definitely on the cards.

Well my post today is a DT sample for the brand new challenge over at Stamping with the Dragon. The challenge is 'Bling it Up and starts today.

My Shopping List

Serif Craft Artist Professional
Blazing Summer Mini Kit from Stamping Dragon Designs.
Spring Flowers Digi Stamp

I chose this kit with the sole purpose of using my Serif Craft Artist Professional.  These kits on Stamping Dragon Designs are brilliant if you, like me, enjoy digital crafting with Serif.

I took all the elements of the kit into Serif.  The papers were placed in both the background section and the materials section.  One of the elements I was able to create a frame.  The swirls, green flowers, gems and there were a couple of bows I first took into the cutout studio and removed the white areas, saved as a PDF and then re imported into Serif and placed into the embellishments section.

The daisy flowers are actually a digi stamp which I again took into the cutout studio, removed the white parts and took the image the embellishment section.  I then created the shape and coloured it using the pick up tool so the colours all matched.  I placed my daisy flower onto the shape and whilst highlighed I used the blend mode and the overlay.

The rest was the crafting bit.  However, I will say, creating the digi kit was also fun.

I hope this has given you some ideas on how to use these complete kits, they are so useful and versatile for 'normal crafting', digi crafting and hybrid crafting.

Don't forget to pop over to the shop and check out the beautiful products at such brilliant prices - just follow the links.

The prize for the winner is a £5 voucher to the
You may want to check out the following too: -
Links:

STORE: Stamping Dragon Design: http://dragonslairdesigns.com/shop/

Challenge blog: Stamping with the Dragon: http://stampingwithdragon.blogspot.ie/

Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/427447597324391/

Sister blog: The Dragons Den: http://stampingdragondesigns.blogspot.ie/

Stamping Dragon Designs Links

Take care and see you soon and don't forget to enter the challenge, you have to be in it to win it.

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card. Love the flowers. The layout is great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fab card I love using digital and paper on the same [project . Hope you had a fab time at the NEC, I love going to the November show. xx

    ReplyDelete