Welcome

Welcome to my blog where I post regular photographs of cards I have made. I hope you enjoy looking through my cards and I would like to thank you for taking the time to stop by and also for leaving any comments and following my blog. I shall also be posting a few of my knitting projects too.

Followers

Monday 6 May 2013

Miss Blanche




Hi fellow crafters and followers.  Hope you are all well and have enjoyed the bank holiday.
 
I had a lovely time on Saturday at the craft show in the motor museum near the NEC.  It is a small show but because of that I was able to watch 3 demonstrations and see everything clearly, ask questions and chat to the demonstrators plus I had a lovely talk about pan pastels with a very helpful lady at the Creativity Store Ltd.  I haven't yet got into pan pastels, don't know why to be honest other than I never liked chalks and I think I associated pan pastels with chalks.  Well this lady was extremely helpful, I watched her demonstrator and had a feel of the pan pastels. I was then given some advice on a starter kit, she steered away from a bigger set towards a smaller set which gave me all the tools and two colours so I could go away and have a play.  I then went to the Sweet Poppy Stencils stand and watched a demo their and bought a stencil and some pearlescent paste which I played with on the afternoon and I was delighted with.  You will see those results in the weeks to come.  A cup of coffee and another tour around with another demo about some new glitters which I will definitely look at in July as there were some lovely colours that need to be added to my collection. It was a lovely way to spend a Saturday morning.
 
Today I have gone for another digi stamp from Saturated Canary - I just love those images. Miss Blanche here was coloured in using a mixture of spectrum noirs and copics.  She was die cut out using spellbinders oval and matted onto a piece of black card die cut using spellbinders oval scalloped die.
 I then started with a C5 plain white card followed by a piece of black card followed by a piece of plain white card which I have embossed using a swirl embossilicious folder from  crafters companion.  I then cut a strip of black card and placed a piece of pink ribbon around and put that onto my card.  My flowers are made from marianne dies and the swirls are from cheery lynn.  A topped of with some gems and card candi.
 
Hope you like it and thank you so much for stopping by.  Take care.
 
I have entered this card into the following challenges: -


14 comments:

  1. Clean, elegant, beautiful. Am loving these images you're finding Kandis. A great card. Chris xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Kandy, love the image and your colouring is fantastic.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colouring and love the image.

    Joan x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully coloured image, love the colours, gorgeous card.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. An ideal way to spend a Saturday morning!

    Your card is gorgeous, that image is beautifully coloured and I love the pink and black, and those fab die cuts.

    Ger x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card - love that image and love the pink black and white!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this is fantastic, I love the colours & the image is adorable x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card, love the image x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A very beautiful card, I love the image and she is coloured so well
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lovely card. Blanche is one of my Favourite images from that range. I love the black and pink embellishments you've used. Love it.

    Ian xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful . Love the black and pink combo xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful creation!! Thank you for joining us at Eclectic Ellapu this week for our 'Anything Goes' Challenge!!
    Claire H xx
    EE DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such an appealing card, clean, elegant and great colour combo', fab! Chris xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card - love that image and the colours you've used.

    Thanks for joining us The Squirrel and the Fox.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete