Welcome

Welcome to my blog where I post regular photographs of cards I have made. I hope you enjoy looking through my cards and I would like to thank you for taking the time to stop by and also for leaving any comments and following my blog. I shall also be posting a few of my knitting projects too.

Followers

Saturday 9 March 2013

Dilnoza

Good afternoon crafters and followers.  I do hope you are all well and enjoying your weekend.  Must say the weather here in the West Midlands has not been good today, raining, dull and drizzly.  Definitely a good day to craft and I have just finished my first card since December so I am really chuffed.  Unfortunately I can't show you as it is my hubby's birthday card and that isn't until the 22nd March. 
So, my post today is a card I made pre shoulder op.  If you saw my last post, the wedding box, well it was also the bride's birthday so I was commissioned to do a birthday card too. 
Dilnoza loves baking hence the cook and rather large muffin.  This card was an 8x8 white base card.  I matted some lovely deep red followed by some centura pearl which I embossed using one of crafters companions 8x8 embossing folders. 
The image is a digi stamp but I can't for the life of me remember where I got it from, but it was coloured in with a mixture of copics and spectrums.  My customer wanted red and white but I also put in some purple to tie in with the wedding colours too.  I stamped the name onto centura pearl too and also stamped the muffin, embossed and coloured them in.  They were shaped and then glazed.  The embellishments were a mixture of dies from Marianne.
Although you cannot see the inside, the above is just the topper, it was made into a book as my customer wanted about 8 pages inside so that all the wedding guests invited back to the house post wedding could add their sentiments.  Each page was produced in serif so I could add a few photographs and images onto the pages so they did not look blank.
I also made a box for the card and put a photograph of the bride and groom on the front.  Tissue paper inside plus the card and it was all finished.  I wish now I had taken some more photos but my batteries ran out and I had to deliver it.  My customer was thrilled to bits with it and I know there were lots of tears when the card was presented to her so it was all worth it.
Hope you like this as much as my customer.  Take care and thank you for popping by.  See you soon.
I have entered this card into the following challenge: -

12 comments:

  1. Fabulous card, love the image, embossing and the colours.

    Sylvia x
    Crafty Bloggers Network DT Team

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, I love the embossed card and the great image.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. great card, love the letters...x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, love the embossing and the letters
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A gorgeous topper, and what a great idea to make a book so the guests could add their good wishes to the couple. It sounds a great project, such a pity the batteries in your camera died, and we can't see the whole project, I'm sure it was fabulous from the way you describe it

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful creation. Love all of the detail.
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful card. Love the details and image. Thanks for joining us at Totally Papercrafts.
    Hugs Sue W.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful assortment of beautiful elements on your card, I particularly love the dimension of your letters. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. such a lovely card.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card,great layout and colours.

    Joan x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for all you lovely comments, I really do appreciate them.

    ReplyDelete