Welcome

Welcome to my blog where I post regular photographs of cards I have made. I hope you enjoy looking through my cards and I would like to thank you for taking the time to stop by and also for leaving any comments and following my blog. I shall also be posting a few of my knitting projects too.

Followers

Tuesday 28 August 2012

Pat

Hi folks.  Gosh didn't that bank holiday whoosh by?  Tuesday already and tomorrow I am back at work.  No crafting then until next Tuesday as I will be away for the weekend with my mum.
Another special order card for today.  Pat was 75 years young.  Her favourite colour was pink / blue and she adored shoes/handbags and shopping.
This card is an 8x8 plain white card followed by some pink pearlised card and then some more white card.  I have taken this one into Serif to display as the photography left alot to be desired, plus I don't intend to enter this into any challenges.
The pink stripe paper was from my crafty stash.  The handbag and shoes are from Dawn Bibby designs and was coloured in with spectrum noirs.  Pat's name was stamped and embossed using the alphabet stamps from Dimension Stamps again but this time stamped onto plain white and coloured in to match the shoes and handbag.  Once these were dry I also covered them with glossy accents to give them a nice clear shine.  The wording was also from the Dawn Bibby designs and came with the shoes and handbag.
The image is a 'Flippin Women' stamp and was so suitable it was unreal.  I coloured her in with spectrum noirs, cut her out and then placed her onto the pink nestie.  All finished off with some gems.
Now I actually met Pat a few months after her birthday, she was with the customer who ordered her card.  I was introduced and as we were in a garden centre we all went for coffee.  I am pleased to say she spent the next half hour talking about her card, how much she loved it and that it had stayed on her mantel piece from some considerable time and is now in a draw very safe so she can still take it out and look at it.  You can imagine how I felt - I think my head just about managed to get out of the door of the coffee shop - hee hee.  I left that garden centre floating!
I hope you like this card too. Thank you for stopping by and taking a peek.  Do take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment