Welcome

Welcome to my blog where I post regular photographs of cards I have made. I hope you enjoy looking through my cards and I would like to thank you for taking the time to stop by and also for leaving any comments and following my blog. I shall also be posting a few of my knitting projects too.

Followers

Tuesday 31 July 2012

Jayne Nesterenko Workshop - Project 1

Good evening fellow crafters and followers.  Hope you are all well.
Well was Sunday a brilliant day or what?  I and my friend Wendy went to Rugby to Jayne Nesterenko's workshop and we have a brilliant and fantastic time.  Mind you this is not my first and all of them have been brilliant and well worth it.
This time was even better for me because as I said earlier my friend Wendy came with me.  I usually have to go alone because none of my friends who live close are crafters.  Wendy is a cross stitcher and we met through work some 7 years ago, although she has moved on to pastures new we have always kept in touch.  You know when you meet someone and you just click - well that is Wendy and I. 
For about 5 years we have attended the NEC Hobbycraft show and Wendy has stuck to her cross stitch until that is last November when she asked what she needed to begin stamping.  She bought the basics and started practising then I asked if she wanted to accompany me to Jaynes and to my surprise she said yes. 
I tell you folks I had so much fun just watching the wonder on Wendy's face as she learnt how to emboss, distress, diecut etc etc.  Jayne was absolutely wonderful, as usual, and gave her some private tuition on embossing.  Helene gave a wonderful mini workshop on distressing in a 'braying' fashion.  We both finished our two projects and Wendy's enjoyment was there for all to see.  She sat with a large smile on her face at the end of the day and turned to me to say, 'I now know why you get so engrossed and lost in this'.  
I always enjoy Jayne's workshop but this time was extra special. 
Oh I forgot to mention the card - this was one of the projects there will be another one tomorrow.
Hope you are still awake after my essay and thankyou for stopping by. Take care.

9 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Sweetie, I think you've converted Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card - really unusual. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well it's sounds fab, I wish I lived nearer to these fabulous workshops, this is a beautiful card, really delicate xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card and thank you for sharing your story on you and Wendy's trip to Jayne's workshop.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really lovely Kandy. It really does sound as if you had a great day. Seems ages since Jayne was on Create and craft. I have her Cute companions and Adorables but have to admit I didn't get the Polly (I think thats what they were called) ones.
    Spimds as if Wendy is really converted. You are going to cost her a fortune :)
    Eileen x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow wow wow what a stunning card. I am in love with the butterfly!!
    Love Lisa xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely gorgeous Kandy, well done on another convert to stamping! lol x

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so beautiful , Thanks for sharing xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for all your lovely comments. It was a brilliant day.

    ReplyDelete